We hope you are all enjoying the life that God has granted you. These days are getting more difficult as time passes and we need God’s presence and guidance continually.
It’s been quite awhile since we’ve written and things for us have been quite hectic. We have had many visiting teams that have come to YWAM Heredia and have participated in the various projects and ministries that have been going on. This has been an exciting time, but also very difficult since we have lost some of our staff – we have been short handed. Because of this, we also did not make it back to the US this year as we had planned to do in June, but we are still hoping for an opportunity to do this – (we need our break and time to see our family).
Our children’s ministry under the leadership of our staff, (Edwin & Leo Piedra), has just exploded. We now have King’s Club or King’s Kids camps every weekend but one of each month. On the weekend we don’t have the kids here, we have hosted church retreats for local churches, which they have enjoyed.
In the past year, Donna and Leo have also begun a women’s quilting class, which has been a great way to build relationships and involve the community. The ladies have made various types of quilted projects, stuffed animals and have even learned to bake pies. Many of these women are unchurched, so they also have a devotional time to begin each class. They have been talking about starting a little micro business to sell their crafts which would help them financially as well. This ministry could use donations towards sewing machines, material, etc if anyone would like to help in this project.
Our base also continues to do Bible distribution. Our national goal is to put a Bible in every home, which is over 1.3 million homes. We have taken on the challenge to do this in every home in the Heredia province, which is over 100,000 homes, so if you desire to help in this project you can bring your teams, and/or donate towards purchasing the Bibles.
We continue to host short-term teams throughout the year. There are many ministry opportunities from street evangelism, feeding the homeless, Bible distribution, and children’s ministries, visiting the orphans or the elderly and service projects of all types. Please let us know what you would do and we can custom design an outreach for your team. If you want to apply or need more information, just go to our new website at ywamheredia.com . On our site you will find a team manual and application. Our contact info is also there if you just want to write us to get more information.
Besides all this we still have our different missionary training schools such as the DTS that is held in September and January each year. Every January we also run a School of Environment & Resource Stewardship for those interested in doing community development in a sustainable way without harming the environment. Many of our graduates from these schools are already working in many parts of the world making a difference. Next year we want to start the School of Intercession, Worship & Spiritual Warfare, but we will let you know when we are ready to launch it.
Well, on a more personal note – we are still searching for more supporters to help cover where we are lacking, – if there is anyone out there who can help supply our need. Below is a list to report some of the needs that we have:
- Our water heater quit working a few months back. We have a small electrical heater to warm water for showers, but its limited power only heats small amounts of water at a time. We have not had the funds to replace our water heater yet.
- Our rent was increased by $75 more a month
- Donna had to get a new cell phone and monthly charges on it are higher than before also.
- Our car still needs some repairs to function properly (since it was stolen, – missing parts).
- Health needs: We would like to get some health insurance here. We found an insurance company – it would cost us each about $2500/year to be covered for almost everything.
- Presently, we both need some dental work done that we haven’t been able to do.
- Recently Donna has suffered from terrible back pain and hip problems, which has debilitated her quite a bit. She just went to an orthopedic doctor who wants to do tests on her, which we don’t have the money to pay for. One test, like a CAT scan to check if she has a herniated disk in her back will cost about $600 here. The other two tests he wants are X-rays, which are about $40 each. This is more an urgent need right now than the others since the pain she has keeps her from doing much now. Depending on the findings, we hope she does not require any corrective surgery.
We are so thankful for each one of you who have shown your love to us by your prayers, your financial support, and sending us teams. All of this has played a part in reaching many with the gospel and continuing this work we do for His Kingdom! May you receive your reward from the King of kings and Lord of lords! May you be richly blessed, lacking nothing!
Your servants in Christ,
Terry & Donna Keith